It is always a wise precaution to pack some essential items in case of illnesss on holiday.
Do choose medicines according to your needs and the country you are visiting. If you take prescription medicines regularly remember to pack them too.
- Travel sickness tablets
- Rehydration solutions such as Dioralyte
- Anti-diarrhoeal, eg Imodium
- High factor sunscreen; calamine lotion
- Always check whether you need any immunisations or malarial tablets before you travel
- Seek advice well in advance in case you need a course of injections
Other essentials to pack
- Water purification tablets
- Insect repellent
- Condoms/ other contraceptives
- Arrange medical insurance
- You will need a European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) to receive healthcare that becomes necessary during your visit to an EEA country or Switzerland.